Whatsapp Number

Chamber 159

Tehsil Compound Ghaziabad (Delhi-NCR)

10:30 AM - 5:00 PM

Monday to Saturday

How to change Religion in India Legally

4 May

How to change Religion in India Legally

Religion Change in India – An Overview

Anyone who is above 18 years of age and willing to change his / her religion anytime can do so. One should publish such an advertisement in weekly Govt. of India Gazette. 

We are having more than a decade of experience in dealing with religion change cases and provide services all India.

For changing religion there is no need to give any reason.

How does our service work?


We follow the above process to change your name through Gazette of India

The problem discussed in detail:

People change their religion due to whatsoever reason. Now they want to make the same changes in their documents like PAN Card, Aadhar Card, Passport, etc. How to do?


Anyone can change religion in India. It’s a fundamental right of Indians. To make this legal you need to follow a certain procedure which is explained.

Documents required

  1. Religion change certificate from institution/organization i.e. Church, Gurudwara, Mosque, etc.
  2. Affidavit
  3. ID and address proof, if you are major
  4. If minor then father or mother ID and Address Proof

Steps -1: Preparing religion change affidavit

An affidavit for religion change to be prepared on Rs. 10/- or higher value stamp paper. Sign and get attested by Notary.

Step – 2: Advertisement in Newspaper

An advertisement to this effect to be given in a National newspaper i.e. Hindi or English at the place where you are currently staying.

Step – 3: preparation of forms, make online payment

Visit the website of the Department of Publication, Government of India website.  Download respective forms. The government fee is also mentioned on the website. Make an online payment.

To know how to make online payments watch our video.

Step – 4: Submit your documents with the Department of Publication

The application may be submitted to the Department of Publication either in person by the applicant (if the applicant is minor then either Mother or Father has to submit) or the same may be sent by Speed Post, Registered Post, or Courier.

We always prefer to send by Speed Post. If you are planning to visit and submit personally then note that office is open Mon-Fri from 10.00 am to 4.00 pm only for submission of applications

Why hire NCR Agents for Name change service?

NCR Agents is having more than 10 years of experience and have served more than 6000 happy clients all India. Door-step service. No need to visit our office. We take care of the complete preparation of documents, advertisement in the newspaper, etc. You just have to sign and submit. Your payment is safe because you make digital payments to us.

Other important Articles you may be interested to read:

Name Change Process Explained

Know about Gazette



Have a question or need service? Reach us now!

Select what type of service you are looking for
Please write complete details about your problem or what help you need from us.